SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcgowan35

Have you seen similar? Knife storage cutting board

chicagoans
12 years ago

My sis and I were both at the Housewares show in Chicago last weekend but took different paths through all the zillions of booths. (I spent a long time in the Wusthof booth and am jonesing for some really good knives.)

She ran across something kind of intriguing but the vendor was only there for some initial feedback (it's not for sale; he didn't even have business cards.)

It's a nicely made cutting board that can sit flat on the counter or stand upright (that's why the bottom is flat on the round one.) The back is tiled and has a magnetic strip for knives. So basically, you tip it up to get your knife of choice, then lay it flat to cut. Seems like it could be handy.

Have you seen anything similar? Or, do you have any other ideas knife storage? I'm going to order a big honkin' set of Wusthof, and right now my main storage option is to use a knife block. (I have used up my drawer space and have a tiled backsplash so I don't think I can install a magnetic strip there.) I have spice racks on my upper cabinet doors on the inside so no space for magnetic strips there.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (3)