SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpasso_gw

1928 Brick Bungalow Kitchen Thoughts Please!

kpasso
13 years ago

Hello, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. First, I've learned so much reading your posts - more than I ever thought. I'd love to get thoughts on my soon-to-be kitchen. We are in the midst of planning/getting ideas/cost estimates, etc.

Details I already know: darker/reddish brown quartersawn oak shaker-style cabinets to go with existing ww; ss appliances; white apronfront sink; utilizing existing white subway tile around entire kitchen (see pics below). Want to create a bungalow/arts n crafts-esque kitchen with modern upgrades. I have appreciation for the 50s-style kitchen, but would rather have a kitchen to go with the rest of the house. Size is 15x13.

Design challenges/opportunities: white subway tile around entire kitchen (with thin light blue trim); seafoam green and black tile in breakfast nook/room.

Requests/thoughts for insight on the following: we want to keep all the tile and make it work - but we need to install new flooring that needs to work with both rooms and a small hallway. What is the best color to use? We were thinking to keep it "cool" in color, so maybe a light grey?

Additionally, thoughts on countertop color? I love the idea of soapstone, of course, but I'm pretty rough in the kitchen.

We are also interested in aqua grantique (thank you forum!) and super white/arabescato quartzite. Would that be too much grey and dreary? We may use our current blonde-colored butcher block table for island top.

I have pics below and welcome thoughts/insights.

Thanks so much!!

From Brick Bungalow
From Brick Bungalow
From Brick Bungalow
From Brick Bungalow

Comments (70)