SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mybrowneyedgirls

Help--What type of backsplash to go with verde butterfly granite?

mybrowneyedgirls
15 years ago

I've been stuck for months! I have had the hardest time finding a backsplash to go with verde butterfly granite, soon-to-be white painted cabinets, semi-gloss oak hardwood floors in "gunstock" color (a medium brown with reddish tint), and SS appliances. I have brought home several samples, and just can't seem to get it right. I've tried marble and ceramic tiles. I really like the more subdued honed marble, but haven't found one that works yet. I'd like to do a subway pattern. One thing I know I don't like is the rustic-looking tumbled marble with pits/holes. I like a cleaner, fresher look. Please help!

I need to get the backsplash done soon, because the granite does not go all the way to the walls--there is a significant gap in many places, especially behind the sink, and I occasionally spray water on the exposed drywall there, which runs down between the gap. I'm afraid of mold growing there if I don't protect it soon (it's been 8 months already!)

I don't know if verde butterfly is considered a "busy" granite. I don't want the BS and the granite to compete, but some movement/variation in the BS would be okay (I think). I need to tie in the white cabinets somehow, too. Any suggestions? If you have verde butterfly, would you please post pictures of the granite and BS? TIA!!!

Comments (15)