SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
compumom_gw

REPLY to this one! Alabaster type lighting fixture and pendant li

compumom
13 years ago

I need help! My DH is furious with me, I can't make a decision that doesn't cost a fortune and this remodel is not only over budget, but way overdue to be completed.

Besides other issues, we designed the living room ceiling for an alabaster-type light fixture (slightly hanging) from the center beam. The ceiling isn't high, about 9 ft, so it can't dangle far and needs to be about24- 27" wide. We don't want anything too obtrusive nor colorful. It's function is to provide an uplighting softly to the beamed ceiling. It's in the middle of the room and in the directline of sight to the fireplace.

The designer who is helping us has suggested a fixture for about $2k and I really didn't want to spend that much. She tells me that it's not much for alabaster, but I was hoping to find something less costly, especially since I was looking for an unadorned piece. I had found a possibility with Nulco, but apparently they've gone out of business! I've searched online for hours, haunted Lamps Plus and small stores, only to quit looking. DH is beyond frustrated.

Additionally, above our kitchen island we had two fairly small low voltage pendant fixtures that worked well for 8 years (maybe made by Besa?). Now that the electricians re-wired our switches, they are lit more frequently and glare into the eyes of anyone seated at the table, namely DH. So I'm stuck replacing them too and I need two of them! Again, I want something fairly simple, in shades of white to blend with my kitchen. Any suggestions of where to look?

Yes, I've already haunted ebay to no avail...

Comments (16)