SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehjoslin

Drawer inserts...

dragonfly08
12 years ago

I am now ready to start organizing my kitchen and need to place inserts in my drawers. They are all bare inside because I opted to wait until after cabinet/kitchen installation to decide how best to organize my space. Looking online at various options and have some questions regarding the drop-ins and trimmable ones that are available. I know that for some drawers, I may be fine and happy with the ones sold at local Target, BBB, etc (such as those bamboo ones). I do not like the expandable ones that they sell, I've used plenty of those, both plastic and wooden, in my pre-dream-kitchen days.

My questions:

Are trimmable inserts easily DIY for someone who owns only basic tools or would I need a wood-cutting machine to trim pieces down?

Any recommendations for basic drawer organization? In particular, those sets where you can configure the slots yourself? For some reason, the photos seem complicated. Even better, if you have one, would you mind posting a photo?

For deeper drawers (mine are ~9.5" deep), suggestions for dividing the space aside from peg system? I have dedicated drawers for all the plastic cups/bowls/bottles for my little ones and after a day, they all tumble about in the drawer into one huge mix. Same goes for drawer with Tupperware. Are baskets the only solution? They take forever to find because I'm having difficult time finding baskets in the right depth.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. As of right now, the only drawers that are properly organized are 2 that I'm using for serving ware and dishes!

Comments (7)