SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Trumpets Blasting; Angels Singing; They're Back!

caroline94535
12 years ago

It's Time! I just love Alice Cullen's "It's time!" quote from the Twilight movie.

In this case it's Purple Martin time!

At about 1:53 p.m. I was talking to the MIL. I was telling her about the gourds, and "No; they're not back yet, but any day now..." I walked over to the front window and was looking at the empty, quiet rack of gourds.

And here they came. I can see several way up high. One ASY (fully mature, breeding) female zoomed down, poked her head in a round-holed SuperGourd and then settled on the porch of the BO-11+ gourd. They do love the porches best of all. I'm in the slow process of getting porches on all the gourds.

My happy time has begun. The cold, bone-twisting winter is over. Sun and fun and flowers and birds and fresh air...and lots of garden improvements to do this season...in between watching and listening to the birds.

The Tree Swallows arrived on Monday (April 23). This was the first year since I starting hosting Purple Martins (2003) that the TSs arrived before the martins. Usually the TSs arrive a week or two later.

I think, I saw a hummingbird yesterday. I didn't have my glasses on so I can say with 100% accuracy, but what other creature flys and moves like a hummingbird? LOL I've had the nectar feeders out and filled for a couple of weeks so it's all good if they are back.

Comments (5)