SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

Pool landscape gurus...help with ugly pool fence!

reno_fan
16 years ago

DH and I recently bought a fixer-upper house that we've been eyeballing for close to 2 years.

The pool has a few issues, but nothing that can't be taken care of with a replaster/re-tile, which we'll likely do next year.

For now, the issue we're contending with is the fence. This house backs to the neighborhood greenbelt, and the covenants dictate that all the yards that back to the greenbelt must have low stockade fences. However, you *can* have privacy fencing around the pool itself, provided it's far enough back from the fence line. Stupid rule, but whatever.

Right now, here is what the pool and fence look like:

The lattice junk HAS to go. We'd like to do 6ft privacy fencing on the sides, as the neighbors are really what we want privacy from. Here's a shot to the right of the pool, showing how I can look directly into their backyard and vice versa:

So my question is, would it look dumb to have 6ft privacy fencing on the sides (possibly with a lattice top), and then drop it down to to 4ft on the side that backs to the greenbelt? We like the view back there, and the trees offer ALOT of privacy. I don't want to look outside and see nothing but fence, but neither do I want my neighbors to see my bloated carcass frolicking in the pool! LOL!

I'm worried it would look way stupid to have the fence taller on the sides, and the shorter on that back wall.

Comments (8)