SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thndersnow

hello! some first questions...

thndersnow
14 years ago

Been a lurker for a few weeks now, this forum has been so helpful thus far, and I finally have my first post ready with questions.. =)

Our house was built in 1938 and the kitchen is pretty small at about 12 x 13. We're not knocking down any walls, but are replacing the flooring, cabinets, countertops, appliances, add lighting, replace plaster walls with drywall, replace ceiling and repainting. There is also asbestos in our flooring that has to be removed (eek!). We are doing this kitchen remodel with a budget of $10,000. Yes.. I understand that is very very low for what we are doing, but we are not using a GC or KD and it seems like it can be done at this current stage.

BEFORE:

From Demo

I guess my first questions are:

1. I am looking at Santa Cecilia granite and have seen it at four different places. Every place has had such different color variations, for example, some more gray tones, some more black tones, etc. To the people who have selected this color, were you satisfied with the piece that you got?

2. We purchased in-stock cabinets from Home Depot, but I would like to install some after-market drawer organization parts like the drawer pullouts, etc. Does anyone know where I could find these at a good price?

Thanks very much in advance!

Comments (5)