SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristenfl

Glass? I don't think so!

kristenfl
16 years ago

Hey guys. I've been here commenting, but have not given up on my backsplash. I've pretty much decided that I want a glass backsplash that mimics the glass on my dining room table. It is a clear glass, but the kind that has the green edge. It is painted white underneath, with gives the top a white with a blue/green tint.

Let me say that our kitchen has white formica European cabinets from 1988 that are in good condition. We just put a Brazilian Black granite countertop on it that cost 2,200. I think that the glass with the tint with look great to give me a bit of color to the kitchen.

I contacted Glasskote and gave them my measurements. I've got about 20 feet of walls with about 5 or 6 of that being only about 5 inches wide (sink and stove). I included all of our switch holes in the template, but those may go if we move some of them under the cabinets. They just wrote me back with a quote.

1/4" Glass

Tempered for safety

8 Cutouts (very unusual amount, this does impact the price)

Custom Color

Includes crating and shipping

1 Visit to Measure and 1 Visit to Install

Estimate: $4,350.00

Wow!!! I guess I'll need to find another way to do this! Help me guys. I'm going to call a couple of local glass companies to see what they can do for me. If that doesn't work I'll go glass tiles.

I did find a couple of sites with what I think the color I want is, but I want to make sure that I get a reputable site that won't charge an arm and a leg for samples and later shipping. I think that if I just do glass tiles instead, I would like subway that is in horizontal rows rather than staggered. I think this is the color.

Do any of you know a place that I could find that color in the bigger rectangular tiles in straight rows?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cool Tiles

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz