SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharimac_gw

How should I brighten up my kitchen? Part 2

Sharimac
11 years ago

Continued from Part 1 here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg011851238702.html

Finally, the kitchen and DR are finished! I absolutely love, love, love how everything turned out. So what stayed in the kitchen? The countertops, floor and cabinets. What did I change? Ceiling and wall color, removed cabinet above sink and added a light, removed decorative trim on the hood vent, added all white dishes to my glass front cabinets and installed a new faucet. I changed out the artwork for black and white pictures I was using upstairs.

Also, you will notice I changed the backsplash. We did not do tile as we know eventually we will put in new countertops. What I did was about 40 minutes worth of time and cost absolutely nothing. I found this embossed wallpaper in an upstairs closet when we moved in, so I just cut a few pieces to fit and painted with scrubbable white paint.

The Before: {{gwi:1744960}}From House
{{gwi:1564827}}From House

The After: {{gwi:1744962}}From House
{{gwi:1744964}}From House
{{gwi:1744966}}From House
{{gwi:1744968}}From House
{{gwi:1744970}}From House

In the DR I moved my china cabinet to the other wall and instead of displaying all my different patterns, I chose one pattern and used it for display. I also brought in the antique chest of drawers from the foyer to use as a sideboard since the wood tone matched closer to the wood tone in the black furniture as opposed to the previous buffet table I had in there.

The Before: {{gwi:1564833}}From House

The After: {{gwi:1744974}}From House
{{gwi:1744975}}From House
{{gwi:1744976}}From House

LR is still needing to be painted, but I was able to sweet talk DH into letting me purchase new furniture for the LR. I ordered a sofa and two chairs, all with white slipcovers (a must have with all my pets and their hair). I am going to sew covers for all my existing throw pillows in blacks, greys and whites. I will keep everyone posted on the LR progress once we start.

Here is a link that might be useful: How should I brighten up my kitchen? Part 1

This post was edited by Sharimac on Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 17:31

Comments (16)