SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mabeldingeldine_gw

Completed mini makeover thanks & pics

mabeldingeldine_gw
13 years ago

Thanks to all who gave me great ideas and encouragement on my tide me over renovation, especially still_lynnski for the lighting suggestion. That was a big light bulb going off in my head, and we love the new lighting.

We added track lighting including the 2 pendants in the windows, recovered the existing laminate with Formica Basalt Slate, added a Blanco Supersingle sink, and Fasade backsplash panels in Muted Gold.

I do plan on constructing a freestanding cabinet to cover the side of the fridge, add storage and eliminate that clutter zone, but that won't happen until the summer.

We are really happy, and we accomplished it all for my budgeted price of $1200 if you don't include the ER trip to sew up my hand which I cut on the last d*#n backsplash panel!

Photos follow. Thanks all for the encouragement and good advice. Now I can live with this kitchen for another 10 years while we finish the rest of the house. You'll no doubt see me frequently on the bathroom forum as that is our next big project.

Future cupboard site, painted the same teal color as the bookcase.

Here is a link that might be useful: original post with before photos

Comments (20)