SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

We're going to have 2 exchange students next school year!

Kathsgrdn
14 years ago

I've been thinking about it for a while now. Finally decided to just go ahead and look into it. Sent off the application and we got approved by two families. Lauren and I couldn't decide between two girls, one from Germany and one from Spain. The one from Germany loves animals and thought she would be a good match with Lauren and our 2 dogs, and the other girl is into music, internet and is shy...she would fit right into our family.

I heard from the one from Germany a day before the coordinator even told me the family ok'd us-lol. She e-mailed me and asked me all kinds of questions. Her and Lauren then "talked" back and forth on Facebook.

They will be staying in Alex's old room since he's going to be living in the dorm. It'll be fun getting it ready for them. Lauren and I are thinking lavender walls.

The coordinator is supposed to come by the house later this week to talk to me and Lauren. I thought they would do this before we were approved, guess not?

I know Lydia had a not-to-good experience with the exchange program before, but was wondering if anyone else has had either good or bad and could give me some tips on making them feel at home?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz