SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

On rescuing furniture, a finish decision & a door

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

Question 1. The PO in our vacation home had a coat rack. Too ornate for me, I had it in on the donation lists. Then I noticed it has these unique hooks with a lily design, that I really liked. I planned to cannibalize the hooks and use them for my own devices! Then I felt bad for the coat rack, all hookless and homeless with little prayer of adoption.

Now I am thinking, hey, I could use that piece. I just have to paint it (cream, white, grey, turq??). WWYD? Here is it, in pretty much the spot id keep it (on the right as you come in the back door into the kitchen.

Question 2: To add more light, I had the idea of replacing the back door into the kitchen (the one below that gorgeous clock, below) , with a glass french door. The door is protected by a small screened porch. I don't think it would look odd from the exterior, since to one side there are double french doors already (from the LR onto a porch). But I do like the existing door. But, there are three more doors in the room just like it if I want to look at it. WWYD?

Question 3. This photo is the 2nd floor hallway take from one end of the hall. You can't see it, but to the immediate right (between kidney table and the desk) is the old doorway to the MBR. It is now a solid wall. The new doorway to the MBR is now through what was a hall closet. See the glass doorknob on the right? That will now be the door to the MBR. The closet is now the World's Smallest Vestibule. Question --- the closet is wider than a doorway. What about putting bookshelves to the left and the right as you enter? Charming, eccentric and old fashioned, or weird and claustrophobic?

This post was edited by mtnrdredux on Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 13:01

Comments (37)