SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

OT - for Oceanna (graphics software)

funkyart
16 years ago

Hey.. I haven't had the time to talk to our graphic designers (my current client/previous employer has an art team) but they tend to use the adobe/photoshop family of products. I am not sure their recommendations will be appropriate for those of us working on a home budget. I will follow through with them though.

BUT.. I did pull something out that is worth checking out. It took me awhile to find it in my stored links/emails but Artrage 2 is getting a lot of great reviews.. it is said to be the best tool to mimic pencil, crayon, paintbrush etc and the general public and media are raving about how intuitive and user friendly the interface is. Best part? It costs only $25 (check out the Why $25 link).

I know there are some limitations to it-- and you already know PSP so you may just want to add a tablet to your PSP setup but Artrage 2 looks fun and I applaud their mission.

I have NO experience with tablets but my ex has been pushing me to get one for years. He said the wacom bamboo is a really good entry tablet-- but I suspect it is too small for your intended use. From the little research I've done, Wacom seems like the way to go though.

FWIW, I think PSP is a great tool-- and you already know how to work with it. I wouldn't jump to change from it-- but a stylus/tablet would help you out a lot, I'd imagine. Maybe you can do a trade for one???

Here is a link that might be useful: Artrage 2

Comments (4)