SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Enlarging windows

crl_
10 years ago

We are in the early planning stages for our kitchen remodel and I am thinking through what I might want for budget and general planning purposes.

One thing I dislike in our current kitchen is the windows. They are set quite high. So high that I can barely see out and I am five seven. They are also very difficult to open because they are so high. The kitchen also would be nicer with more natural light. And it is a small closed off kitchen and the window situation doesn't help that.

On the other hand the view is not great. That side of the house faces our driveway, which is contiguous with our neighbor's driveway. And it looks basically into their dining room (not saying their dining room isn't nice ;) which is only about thirty feet away ).

So I'm a little conflicted. Replacing the windows with bigger windows would help with making it feel more open and bright. But it seems a bit of a waste given the lack of a view. Maybe I could put hanging plants outside the window to improve the view a bit? (Never very cold here so plants could be growing year around).

Anyone have experience with or thoughts on this? Thanks!

Comments (21)