SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

Need Help with picking tile for floor

Susied3
14 years ago

Hi again! I've been here, but not bugging yall, I can't find my old post about my kitchen layout dilemna. I saved the URL, and even saved a couple of your ideas in my photobucket, I didn't want to endure you all with a complete start over, so I've stayed silent.

For now, we have decided to finish the laundry room which we added on to the side of the house. I'm sure some of you remember that the taking the laundry out of the "middle" of the kitchen/family room was a priority. This way, by finishing it first, we can use the empty space to play around with the size, what might look good,fit, etc., so I definitely will be back for your help in a couple of weeks! Sorry about the "lost" thread that was really getting there. I'm sick about it.

My problem now, I've always wanted to have brick in the kitchen, and we have an existing wall behind our frig and oven area that is brick, which backs up to the living area brick wall and fireplace.

I thought I wanted brick floors, if not entirely in the kitchen, then the laundry, pantry, and a walkway where you enter the back door. Also, thought about using it as a border along the cabinets, with wood in the main part of the kitchen, and under the range.

SOMEONE on here months back talked about Pavetile, which is a tile place that carrys terracotta brick paver style. It's beautiful, and so I started researching that avenue.

So, question is, does anyone have any thoughts on terracotta? Do they make a "look alike" in a different material tile? Does anyone know anything about that type flooring?

If someone has the Beautiful Kitchen magazine winter 2009, there's a floor from Walker Zanger on page 73. You can get an idea of what I'm talking about. Also, I'm going to try to post a couple pictures here from pavetile and WZ.

Thanks in advance, can't wait to get back to the kitchen!

PAVETILE

{{!gwi}}

Walker Zanger

{{!gwi}}

Comment (1)