SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donk4kyv

Delta 1400 series shower faucet repair

AMRadiohead3885
17 years ago

I just recently installed a new water heater, and evidently some of the crud from the old one got into the pipes and clogged up some of the faucet valves. It stopped up the aerator in the sink faucet, but I was able to easily disassemble it and unclog the filter. I have not had such good luck with the Delta Monitor 1400 series shower faucet. It's one of those single lever jobs where the lever turns on the water and adjusts temperature all in one operation.

Apparently the hot water valve is stopped up. I get a good cold water flow, but nothing from the hot side, no matter what. It is probably a simple unclogging job, but I can't figure out how to remove the guts from the faucet. I even have the original instruction sheet, but it is next to useless. The parts in mine vaguely resemble what is illustrated in the drawings, but the assembly diagram gives no clue to how the pieces actually fit together, and the instructions for removing the cartridge from the faucet could have just as well been written in Arabic or Chinese, for the sense it makes to me ("rotate 1/4 turn past the stop and lift out the cartridge???" - when you hit the stop, the shaft stops, period, and the plastic stop mechanism would have to break to allow you to rotate it PAST the stop! I took out the stop mechanism altogether, and the shaft just rotates 360 degrees, but nothing comes loose, unscrews or comes apart.)

Has anyone successfully been able to get one of these things apart to repair it or replace internal parts? I did a Google search and cannot find any repair instructions from the company, only the names of retailers that sell faucets and replacement parts.

I don't want to have to rip apart the wall next to the shower to replace the entire faucet assembly.

Don

Comments (10)