SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahcate

Yikes! How I solved my Ceiling Color

leahcate
12 years ago

I re-titled this and re-posting since original title was confusing. Hoping my experience will help others:

Because of help I received, I wanted to tell you the results of my ceiling color dilemma. As funcolors and others had told me, taking paint "down" does not necessarily result in the same 'shade but lighter'. It did work this way in the downstairs. All were painted in the same pastel shade as the walls, and the effect there is LIGHTER ceilings. However, on my MBR tray ceiling, this was not the case. The ceilings appeared a shade or two DARKER.

Soooo, I screwed up my confidence and courage, spent time studying the fan deck and chose ceiling colors for all the ceilings(4 bedrooms and bathroom) Oh, except for the bm Pallidan Blue room which has it on ceiling and walls...lots of white wainscot makes it work especially well there. My fav is the apricot wall with a pale similar on ceiling...yummy.

I apologize for not having pics. Keep saying one day I will get on board with that! :>/ Just wanted to say thanks again to FC and all who chimed in on this! I feel much braver now re. choosing colors. Having a fan deck is key. After choosing a couple, I even stopped testing samples on wall!

Hope the telling of my experience helps others with this dilemma.

For fripper: the apricot color is Fresh Apricot with Candle Glow on ceiling, by Dunn Edwards ( primarily a Ca. company, I think) The apricot looks a bit like slighter paler melted orange sherbet.

Comments (2)