SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homersgarden

Fence Opinions Needed

homersgarden
16 years ago

I just read the other fence post and so I thought I would post my question here.

Has anyone used galvanized metal fencing that is used on farms for use in their yards? I am talking about the kind that has the metal stakes that you pound in and attach wire fencing to. While I would love to put in a black metal cyclone in my yard, right now I do not have the money for it and have other priorities for my extra money. Eventually, we will do this, but we need a temporary fix. The area is about 100 feet wide and 60 feet deep. What are your thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Here is some background into...

We have about half an acre. The front and main part of the backyard are very formal (brickwork, metal railings on the deck, a black wrought iron fence around the pool). We currently have an eight foot wooden fence in our backyard that seperates the main part of the backyard from what we call "the jungle". As of right now this area is covered in ivy and unkempt. Our plan is to get rid of the ivy, do some native planting, and eventually build an outdoor fireplace here. When we do that we would like to take the wooden fence down that currently separates these two areas and open the yard up. However, we don't want other people to have access to our yard and we want to keep the dog in. The area back here that is not our property is fully fenced in by neighbors, but like our yard is treated more of as a green space. The people on our street purchased this property about 15 years ago to keep the city from putting in a walking path, but half the property is owned by an apartment complext that is behind us. That is our biggest concern that they will hop their fence and get onto our portion of the property. Sorry so long, but this may give you some ideas.

Comment (1)