SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rnmomof2

Paint color to adjoin Blonde and Restrained Gold?

RNmomof2 zone 5
15 years ago

My dining room has had the same wallpaper for 15 years or so. I think it is time for an update since I have the dreaded graduation open house coming up in May!

My dining room has 8 foot ceilings and is on the north side of the house. These both make it darker and more closed in feeling that the other rooms in our house. We have 2 story ceilings in the GR. The GR is painted Restrained Gold at 150% and the kitchen is Blonde. The DR currently has chair rail but that is coming down. I was young when we built and thought every DR needed chair rail!

Our furniture is Queen Anne style in oak. The carpet is off white and needs replaced as a previous pet preferred the DR to outdoors in bad weather. I would like to do hardwood but with a kid off to college it will probably get carpet again!

I have thought about doing tone on tone stripes to help elevate the ceiling. The DR has a large opening to the entry way and a doorway to the GR. These openings are cased in stained woodwork. The room also has three windows in it. My colors in the kitchen and GR are golds, olivey greens, burgundy reds.

Any thoughts from the great paint color gurus? This will be a big job moving furniture and I really want to get it right the first time. (Or I may have to live with it for another 15 years!)

Thanks!

Comments (4)