SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hogar_gw

Need ideas for range hood (Pics please)

hogar
15 years ago

Hi dear GWers!

Need your help in deciding what type of range hood to add to my kitchen. So far, these are the things that we have changed from the picture below:

GE cafe stove

Ivory Fantasy granite

Next will be:

-backsplash (take out existing tile in the picture. I will start a new thread on backsplash tile suggestion once I get some samples to show. So far my inclination is towards marble subway tile like the lansdale from the tile shop and decorative accent diamond shape combination of glass, stone and metal tiles above the stove from sonoma tilemakers).

-Undercabinets lights (will go with Xenon from what I learned here are the preferable ones)

-taller crown moldings for the upper cabinets and molding to cover the undercabinets lights)

-Paint the walls a grayish-green like BM Sag Harbor grey to pick up the greyish green veins from the granite.

So, in order to move ahead, I need to decide on the range hood. Two options we are exploring:

1)A raised wood Hood + blower 2)a SS undercabinet range hood. My friend who is a cabinet installer suggested raising the existing cabinet above my stove to add some height from the other upper cabinets and then finishing the upper cabinets with taller crown moldings.

What would you do if this was your kitchen? We would like to add some "interest", "statement" or WOW factor to the stove area. I love those kitchens with "a hearth and a mantle" but I only have 30" to work with.

Thanks!!!

Comments (5)