SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pete_p_ny

Water Well - Variable Speed Pump Versus Single Speed

pete_p_ny
16 years ago

I have a leak from my well to my home at the connection to the poly water line and the metal pipe at the well head. At least this is what is hypothized based upon the water logged ground area near the well head (which is below grade). The well company said they could dig down and remake the connection for $600.

I am thinking it may be best to upgrade the well and bring the well head above grade to foster easier pump replacement in the future. I also wanted a newer bladder inside tank to replace the old galvanized tank that is a maintenance nuisance. The well company was at my house, they said a better system is a variable speed pump. The new system uses a smaller inside tank and the pump only runs at the required speed to pressurize the house.

Is this all hype and worth the extra money? It is one of those things were one repair can lead me to unnecessary costs. The company said this is why he recommended the variable speed pump being several components are being changed out (ie..pump and tank).

Comments (4)