SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armywife1996

Looking to get a fiberglass pool and need some guidance

armywife1996
15 years ago

Hi. Our family is considering a fiberglass pool (we like the Leisure model called Elegance). There are not very many people who do fiberglass really near us (the Fort Sill, OK area), in fact we have only been able to find one. We called that guy and he gave us a rough estimate of 32-34000 for the 33' Elegance. We didn't delve too deeply into what all this included (because we just wanted a rough idea of cost to ponder at the time) but the website says that it includes "at no additional charge" 4' of stamped and colored concrete decking and also pumps and filters, but that wiring from pump to house is extra.

We have been talking it over and are very serious about going forward. We would like to call the guy back and talk more about it. Can anyone give us an idea of the questions that are important to ask and what needs to be included in a final contract should we decide to make the final leap?

I have been reading this forum pretty voraciously for awhile now but I'm still unsure of what to be looking for.

Additionally, if anyone has any recommendations for fiberglass pool people that will work in this area, I'd be glad to hear them!

We know we want these things:

Salt water

Some decking

A light for night swimming

We'd also like a cover to keep the dogs out when we don't want them in

We think we may need a small retaining wall because the area we would like the pool to be placed is set lower than our house. Is this something the pool guy will discuss?

Comments (26)