SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swimmingin07

Arizona Owner/Builder experience

17 years ago

I wasn't really planning on documenting our whole experience on here, but we have hit our first snag and it seems almost therapeutic to talk about it. My husband can't get too many phone calls at work, so I will vent here instead. :) I am a stay-at-home mother of 4, and expecting number 5 in June. If I can make it through the process with all of these extra hormones, it will be quite amazing.

We live in Arizona and have decided to go with an L-shaped diving pool. We have completed excavation and plumbing, but we are now experiencing deep end cave-ins due to excess silt in our soil. We shoveled out quite a bit of dirt last night, but while we were digging some more of the wall slid down so we quit. We canceled our steel guy for today, and we are waiting for someone to come by and help us with a muck out/shotcrete flash solution. I knew I shouldn't get to attached to a schedule, but I let myself get hopeful in thinking we could have steel, electric, inspection, and shotcrete completed this week. I know we could have if it wasn't for the cave-ins, but now we will need to step back and take our time so it gets done right.

Here are some pics of the progress so far:

Hopefully we can finish steel this week, but I won't count on it! :)

Comments (59)