SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaksopcam_gw

I'm Going Bonkers Choosing Granite!!!

jaksopcam
15 years ago

O.k. Just came back from the granite yard for the 3rd time and still not much closer to a decision. This does not take into account the endless hours I have spent looking in the FKB at all the beautiful kitchens. I have been kept up at night thinking about granite. I've had my husband calling me from a business dinner saying "I've just found our granite - it's in the men's room here at the restaurant!" Of course, names I have gathered, either I can't find them or in person just don't seem to go with the cabinets or just don't do it for me!

I've gathered a bunch of photos and if anyone is willing to chime in with an opinion - I'd love to hear it. As you all can sympathize, friends and family are sick to death of listening to me and I don't want to hurt their feelings when I disagree with their choice!

My kitchen is creamy perimeters and cherry island(I know, I know... you're thinking "oh no, another darn creamy kitchen" but after flip flopping between dark and light - just went with what made me happy :-) - even though well-meaning sister (!) told me what a mistake it would be!!) Early on I also decided I had to have a copper sink - again meeting with some resistance from people who had never heard of it (DH!!). Gee, there seems to be a common theme going on! Anyway, I guess I sort of envisioned the sink as being one of the focal points of the kitchen as well as a backsplash. Then when I started looking at granite, there were so many beautiful ones and some that looked like pieces of art by themselves. I am having some trouble finding something that will contrast with both the light and the dark. I do think I want to avoid something that will compete too heavily with the sink. But maybe it doesn't need to contrast too much with the perimeter cabinets. I've seen kitchens here that really stand out by the accessories or paint colors so I'm very confused.

DH and I originally fell in love with Titanium Black. Some spots had alot going on but other spots were quieter. I was concerned with how it would look with the copper sink and wasn't crazy about it with the island color. It proved to be too expensive so that is off the list. I don't seem to be liking too much rusty undertones or pinkish ones. Coffee, latte, yummy tones like that. The cabinets are Medallion, Maple with Oyster Vintage on perimeter and Cherry with Espresso on island.

I'm sorry this is so lengthy, just trying to give as much info as possible. If I've given conflicting info, I apologize but that's exactly how I'm feeling!!!!

chime on in with your opinions...

Here is a link that might be useful: My Granite Photos

Comments (23)