SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weed30

Kudos to the Berkeley MO Police for caring (long)

weed30 St. Louis
17 years ago

I work in a hotel as an event manager, and tonight we had a party for 800. Parking was really bad, so attendees were using non hotel lots. One of the lot owners called the police, because they had illegal parkers and were expecting 8 semi trucks with deliveries.

The police came to the hotel. Normally, they would just talk to us and ask us to deal with the problem. But these two cops insisted on us letting them go into this party and getting on the microphone to find one particular vehicle owner. Partly because of the parking issue, but mainly because there were two dogs in cages in the open bed of this pickup. They were really pissed about it. It is very cold here, and they said 'the dogs don't look so good'.

They got on the mic, but nobody came forward. I went to the front desk to see if the person who owned the vehicle was registered, no go. Then the front desk person told me it was probably one of our new managers who transferred in and she knows he has dogs.

Well, that's exactly who it was, and I am just disgusted. I found him and said 'hey, the police are looking for you', and mentioned the dogs. He just *laughed*, and said, "They're labs. They are fine. I take them hunting and they go in freezing water, they love it." ( This new manager is living in the hotel until he finds a place to live, common with a a transfer. )

I am just sick over this. The police are going back to talk to him, because I called back once I found out who the dogs belonged to. I also learned from our security manager that the dogs have been like this for ***3 weeks***. Do you know what the weather has been like in St. Louis?!! Bad enough that the security manager told me he called the guy at 1am one night, made him get out of bed and bring the dogs inside.

Geez, I know I am rambling but I am just so p*ssed. I know the two police officers will do whatever they can to help these dogs, but I am not sure if they can take them away from the idiot.

Comments (18)