SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lslrwolf

Collie having seizures

lslrwolf
16 years ago

A little backround so this may be long.

My Collie, Shelby who is 11. Had a seizure saturday the 1st, the first time we have ever seen her have one, then had another on sunday the 2nd & we rushed her to the vet where they did x-rays & bloodwork & everything came back normal. They did give us Phenobarb to start giving her though for the seizures. Then yesterday I forgot (stupid me) to give her the meds & last night at about 3am she woke us up having a big seizure, I gave her the phenobarb & she & I went back to sleep. Then this morning after going out fine, when she came back in she started having more smaller seizures & I gave her another phenobarb & rushed her to the vet again & they kept her there most of the day. When I picked her up she was still out of it, they also gave her phenobarb to help control the seizures. So she is at home now and it is now 9:30pm & still pretty much out of it, hasn't really stopped shaking or drooling. I will be giving her another dose of phenobarb before bed, but if she is still like this in the morning I just don't know what to do. This will be my first time with a pet of my own dying. I can't stand to see her like this if she is suffering & I know what I will have to do, but it will be so hard to go through this.

I was, and still am, VERY upset.

Any insight or help you can offer, please please let me know.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Lisa

Comments (15)