SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whit461

How long a wait is too long for countertops

whit461
11 years ago

We love and hate everything about our remodel, so we are no different than anyone else. But I just had a call about when to expect countertops to be ready to install, and I am upset since I do not think it should have taken this long or been handled the way I have been handled. Tell me if I'm really being an A _ _.

Cabinets were installed Thursday and Friday and the installer even came in Sunday afternoon to do the final door adjustments and minor checklist things.

Counter measurer came out Tuesday at noon, on time, and measured and left.

Today (Wed), I get a call from the fabricator that since it is after 1:30, they can't get their order in to the slab yard to have it delivered tomorrow, so it will be next Thursday before the 2 marble slabs are delivered to the fabricator. Now the kicker. She tells me "best case" is that counters will be ready to install in 2-3 weeks after that! Really?

With the delay of getting the marble, that's 3-4 weeks earliest before my counters are ready. They have had it on their schedule since the beginning of February. We were delayed with cabinets only 4 days (not their fault, my fault). I was originally told it will take 7-10 days to have the counters done.

Nightmare stories aside, should I just shut up and wait the 4 weeks or more with a grin on my face? Or is this really taking twice as long as it should. The fabricator said she was sorry, but they are just backed up.

Comments (13)