SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cncguy_gw

concrete patio vs pavers.any opinions?

cncguy
16 years ago

hi-

had a vinyl pool put in last august and we are ready for the patio soon.my options are as follows:hand finished concrete or pavers.i know there is a big cost difference.ive looked at pictures of hand finished concrete and i do like the look of it.i also have a landscaper who did a walkway for me and his work is top notch.we live in the northeast,and im concerned that if i go with the concrete that it will crack and ill want to rip it up and do pavers.unfortunatly im that type of person,i wont be able to stand looking at cracks.ive been in touch with the concrete guy and according to his contract the warranty is as follows:warrants its concrete flatwork for a period of 2 years from date of installation against any significant cracking caused directly by contractors negligence.cracking shall be considered significant and eligible for removal or replacement in accordance with this warranty once the gap in the crack exceeds 3/8" inch in width or 3/8" inch in height.cracks with separations in height or width less than 3/8" will not be repaired or replaced.

i do know that this guy makes the necessary cuts in the concrete with hopes that if it does crack it will do so in these cuts.on the other hand,fter speaking with my landscaper,he has said that he actually jack hammers a lot of concrete patios up and installs paver because of cracking.not sure if that is a sales pitch or not.again,we are talking a big price difference between concrete and pavers.is there anyone who wishes to comment on this?

thanks in advance,

cncguy

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH