SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artlover13060_gw

Need advice on WT for Kitchen Bay

artlover13060
15 years ago

I posted a few days ago about putting runners in my kitchen. I decided that I need to make the WT first before I select runners. The kitchen is on the back of my house and faces trees so privacy is not an issue. Actually this view is one of my favorite things about my house, so I don't want to cover the windows, but I do want to add something to soften and add interest. This is my next project so I would like to make a decision soon. The eating area is in a small bay. I would like to put My3dogs valances on the windows, but I'm not sure if this will look right with the two French doors.

Here is the window over the sink:

{{!gwi}}

At the other end of the kitchen is the eating area with French doors that lead to the deck:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Composite photo of this area:

{{!gwi}}

To the left of the eating area are French doors to the Family Room:

{{!gwi}}

Here's a couple of mock ups of what these windows would look like with My3dogs valances:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Do you think it looks strange to have the valance just on the side windows and nothing on the French doors? Also, what do you think about the length on the valances? I've been playing with stretching them and shrinking them in Photoshop.

I also thought of putting brown transfer ware plates over the doors to the deck to bridge the color from one valance to the other. I am planning to put a hutch style plate rack over the tiny white table with brown transferware, so maybe this would all tie together, but I'm not sure. What do you think? I'm open to other ideas for these windows, but I'm trying to get an English Cottage feel, even though the light fixtures are a little too contemporary. Ignore the turquoise place mats. They match some plates I have but the colors I'm going with for this room are soft golden yellow, rust, and green.

Comments (5)