SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

OT- Camera died- What kind do you have/recommend?

raehelen
16 years ago

Poop!

My trusty Kodak- has finally bit the dust (I think). I am getting green lines through all my photos, and have tried everything- recharging batteries, changing memory card, to no avail. I've had this dinosaur for many years (you don't want to know what I paid for 3 MG pixel camera).

I'm assuming it's not worth it to fix, as the new cameras are so reasonably priced now.

But, as I have a whole house to renovate, it's not like I have another unplanned for $1000 to spend on a camera purchase. I was planning to upgrade this camera eventually, but don't have the resources of time or money to get the SLR/digital one I would really like. My kids (who live across the country so I have no access to borrow theirs) have little 6MG pixel cameras that I'm not too impressed with the quality, so I know I'd like something around 8-10MG pixels, that would give lots of detail in the photos. As we're trying to document/save for posterity the progress of our renos, and I sell plants/seeds so I take lots of plant/garden photos, and need to take good quality close-ups.

So, does anyone have a camera that they can recommend? That they're happy with, and doesn't cost more than $200-$300? I was at Costco yesterday, should have looked at what they have...

I also like an easy to use/intuitive menu that is simple enough to see/follow without reading glasses (hopefully)

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)