SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Velvet Cloak Dining Room-Update

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

As you may recall, I really thought I wanted a super glam shag rug for my dining room. Perhaps one in platinum. When in Florida I went to see the one at Z Gallerie in person. It really was pretty. The only reason I was checking it out was in case it went on clearance, I needed to have the guts to pull the trigger without any doubts. I didn't want to do a white shag because I added an over the top shag to my office which is to the left of the foyer, and the dining room is to the right. Too many shags and well, it certainly would be Debbie Reynolds overload.

I was out shopping with someone on Monday, buying stuff to style her patio. And what caught my eye? But a 9x12 Kiwi Green Rug. Oh my goodness. There was no way I was not going home with it, even if it was just for an audition.

So without further adieu, here is the dining room with its new rug. I need to get a rug pad under it, I think it will lay better. And the green is a bit louder in these pictures because I "enhanced" the color because it looked a little boring in the photos. This is closer to the real color, but it doesn't actually "light up" like the pics show!

And here is a peek at the office in progress. I hate "in progress shots", but this might give you an idea of why I really love that elephant desk. The one in there is an old farmhouse table that is just odd, but it works for now. And I'm thinking about maybe selling the big unit with the shelves behind it. Not sure.

Comments (18)