SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
munkos

My cat and peeing on pants.

munkos
15 years ago

My cat Zoey is almost 6 years old - and she has a thing about peeing on pants. Specifically the back pocket/crotch area. Dirty or clean pants, doesn't make a difference.

I have had her checked out for medical problems, she is clean. She's done this her entire life. I have her urine checked every check up, just to make sure.

It's very random. She won't do it for 6 or so months, then she'll do it a few times, and then not again for 6 or more months.

Doesn't matter if the litter is fresh or not, or what brand, or the type of litter box. She's just always done it.

Obvious solution is don't leave your pants laying around, right??

The last time she did it was last week. I was folding laundry and the phone rang, so I placed the pair of jeans I was holding, on the dryer and grabbed the phone and came RIGHT back. It literally took her 5 seconds to jump up there and do it, I caught her mid pee. She only ever does it in the laundry room. Not in our bedroom, or the bathroom.

I have learned to live with it, but it drives the boyfriend crazy. He isn't a huge cat person to begin with, and she's not helping the case.

She isn't spraying, she is squatting and actually urinating. She does spray though sometimes when cats have been in the yard.

Is there anything I can do, or will BF just have to learn to deal with it??

Comments (12)