SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirkyquercus_gw

Michael Vick sentenced to 23 months.

quirkyquercus
16 years ago

Some of you may remember the Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick made national headlines for his participation in a dog fighting operation. This may still be national news, I'm not sure. I'm in the atlanta area so this has been a top headline since day one but I thought I'd just let you know that he was sentenced this morning to 23 months in prison. 5 years was the maximum sentence. From what I understand he could still face an additional sentence for state charges but many believe that there won't be any additional time to serve as part of the plea agreement on the federal charges.

Even though this is a light sentence and many of us would have preferred a sentence of "humane euthanasia," he threw away his career, endorsements and $100+ million dollar a year salary. When he is released, speculators believe he will most likely be allowed to play again in the NFL but be older, slower and not as fit. Whether he will be as successful then is anybody's guess.

Vick will be moved to a penitentiary where he will serve the rest of his time. (hopefully) And his house is for sale, the dogs have gone to adoption agencies. I think at least one of them may be too aggressive and might be put to sleep.

Sound off:

Comments (20)