SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosiegirl

Paint White Below Chair Rail

cosiegirl
13 years ago

Hi everyone, first post. Have been reading here for the past couple of weeks and found a lot of great info but can't find anyone who has done what I am thinking.

We are repainting our whole house which we bought last summer and which feels trapped in the 80s. It's been an ordeal as there have been more problems and disappointments than we ever anticipated. For my own sanity, I really need to get things looking better but the budget is tight.

Anyway, we stripped wallpaper off the DR and entryway and were left with messy walls which we are in the process of repairing (mudding, sanding, etc). Both rooms have a chair rail and I would love to do a faux board and batten but just don't want to spend the time now as I really need to get all the other rooms painted. But I was thinking I could sort of get the look I like by just painting the walls below the chair rail white with a darker beige above. At a later date we could always go back and do the faux B&B.

Has anyone painted a two-tone wall with white below the chair rail? I thought of doing it in semi-gloss to get the look of B&B/wainscoting but with all the repair work on the walls I'm afraid that might show too many imperfections so I was thinking of trying satin paint. Still, I can't seem to find anyone who has done this - what am I missing?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County