SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leebart_gw

So devasted from my dog's sudden death

leebart
11 years ago

December 8, 2012, I thought it was just a simple day. It was my two shih tzu's (JIGO and BASTI) schedule for grooming. I dropped them to a pet grooming shop then went directly to our business.

Then mid-afternoon, I received a call from the shop informing me that JIGO had collapsed when he was being bathe. I panicked and decided to drive the car as fast as I can to see what his condition. On my way, I received another call that he could hardly breathe. In the car, I was already crying. When I reached the shop, the Vet came to me and declared that JIGO was gone.

That moment, I didn't know what and how to react. I was deeply shocked. Then I cried. I didn't care if people would see and hear how loud my cry was.

JIGO, when he came to my life, it was my birthday. He was a birthday present from my partner. He was so tiny looking and seemed fragile to me. The moment I saw him, I know I liked him but was confused whether I could really takes care of him.

He taught me how to become responsible. Everyday, I was so excited to go home just to see him. He was just excited to see me too. Though I always had a long drive home from work, all the tired muscles would perished every time he licked and kissed me. I seldom go out because I don't want him left at home. For 3.5 years, I was so attached to him.

When we make decisions, he was always to be considered. When we bought him, we decided to buy a car because we always wanted him to come with us during travels. When we bought a condo, we made sure that dogs are allowed. It was just so painful that we are moving this January 2013, and we was no longer there.

He always mediates whenever my partner and I had misunderstandings. He can sensed that. Whenever I see JIGO's face, all my angers were gone. I can't resist his charm.

And now he's gone. I know there is still BASTI. Don't get me wrong, I also love BASTI very much. But JIGO has something that BASTI could not give.

I was so hard to get over. Even at work, I was caught staring at blank walls.

People surrounds us would want to give us another dog but I know that will not solve the problem, so I beg off.

Right now, I still cry whenever I think of him. I always cry inside the car because he was always beside me when I drive. I know it's a process that I have to undergo before I could move on. We decided to cremate him so we could still bring him home.

JIGO will always be a member of our family. We brought joy to all the people who saw him. He will always be our lucky charm. When he arrived, things went well in our lives. We were able to establish a business, bought a car, and bought a new home.

Happy thoughts with him had been helping me to move on. I know he was also happy to live with us even for a short time. I'm just thinking that maybe he has reached his purpose with us that is why he had to go.

Comments (8)