SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Parsippany, NJ....Question

beekeeperswife
13 years ago

Ok, I'm hoping that title was enough to get any of you familiar with that area to give me some help. Feel free to shoot me an email if it works best.

Maybe I'm looking for a recommendation for an interior designer, OR.....

Here's the deal--dd2 is doing an internship there this summer Mid May to Mid August. She needs to find housing. I have no idea where to help her start looking.

Sublets, short term rental apartments, etc.

If you can recommend surrounding cities that wouldn't be too difficult a commute and in a "safe" area, I would appreciate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You guys are great, and sorry that I'm NOT really looking for a designer but wanted to keep it on topic..

;)

Bee

Comments (6)

• aaaaaaaa
    13 years ago

Hi Bee,

Parsippany is beautiful city. Easy access to all the highways--to NY city/shopping/food etc.
    Parsippany surrounding cities --Denville, lake hiawatha, Lake Parsippany, Dover, Mountain Lakes, Whippany, Pine Brook, Boonton, Randolph, Morristown, Morrisplains, Powder Mills, Mt Tabour, Rockaway. These are in 5 to 10 mile radius. All the cities are quite safe. I would not recommend Dover though.

Regarding short term lease --I am not sure if any apartments has short term lease in Parsippany. Apts are quite expensive as such. Also depends on how much you can afford, right? There are quite a few apts complexes--like Troy Hills village on Route 46, Knoll gardens, Meadow brook apt on Router 46, Vail gardens etc. "Gate way" apts in Randolph. You may also google. I have heard that they are not maintained great, however, you need it for just 3 months or so--you can try these.
    There are several major companies in this city.
    Hope this helps.

Anna

• User
    13 years ago

I grew up in Rockaway, and my parents lived in Gateway Apartments (I think that was the name) for a couple of years in Randolph after selling the house I grew up in before moving to a retirement community (note, this was over 20 years ago!). I still have family in Randolph. It is a very safe area. And very pricey! I am not sure about short term rentals. I would probably call a realtor in the area and ask. Or, has she asked the company she is doing internship for? They may have recommendations.

And, congratulations to your DD!

• kngwd
    13 years ago

Hi Beekeeper! Used to seeing you over in kitchens!! For a young person, I would say Morristown is the place to be! It is a safe residential area, but has a nice little "downtown" with lots of shopping and nightlife. As others have said, it is pricey ($2000/month for a 2 BR is average I think), but she may be able to find a roommate situation. Try a local realtor, like Weichert, and they can help find something.

• chispa
    13 years ago

Google Extended Stay Hotels. I looked quickly and there is one in Parsippany/Hanover on Rt.10. A suite/studio with kitchenette would work well for that amount of time.

Is she young? She might want to check with the local Universities. Maybe they offer summer housing in the dorms. Drew & Fairleigh Dickinson Univ. are in Madison, very close to Parsippany.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the leads.

I wish the company was able to help out a little more with the housing--strike a deal with a local place, reserve some rooms, I don't know...something.

dd1 is a golf pro and all of her internships had the housing lined up for them, whether at the club, a nearby apartment complex, or maybe a room in a member's house....something.

All these ideas will certainly help. I think dh and I have to set up some appointments and take a ride and do some apartment hunting!

Thanks gang
    Bee

• amysrq
    13 years ago

She might also be able to find a summer house-sit for a professor from one of those schools.