SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xoxogg

Wool area rugs?

xoxogg
11 years ago

I have a wool area rug and it is beautiful. I find it very pretty and love the way it feels under my feet. But it is very difficult to clean. My dog had a UTI when we first got it and had 4 accidents on it in 2 days (then I wised up and took her to the vet). I called for cleaning advice and I was told not to rub it and use vinegar and water. Later, I had a professional come clean it but I really feel that even though I didn't rub the spots that the are crushed a little.

Now I am going to add a few more area rugs by the front door, patio door, kitchen, and bedroom. Almost everyone I talk to tells me that their wool rugs are great and easy to clean. The people who sell area rugs keep telling me how great wool rugs are. Did I just get a bum rug? Is there a certain kind of rug that is better?? Does it have to do with being woven?

What are my options? My basement carpet we just replaced was olefin and it did not have a single stain after being there for 16 years with 7 and 4 year old boys at the time we first put it in. It was sad to tear it out because it was in such good shape. It was also a dark color.

So, if I am nervous about clean ability should I get a material other than wool? A darker color?

Comment (1)