SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwer2007

Grohe at Lowes

eleena
11 years ago

Thanks to a tip from a GW-er, I went to Lowes yesterday and they still had some Grohe faucets on clearance. I can return them within 30 days, so purchased two (just in case) but I am not entirely sure whether or not to keep one.

I have heard/read time and again that the brand name does not mean much when sold at big box stores and that the faucet may look the same but not built the same as the one sold at specialized stores.

Do you know if it applies to Grohe?

What should I check?

It is a full kitchen remodel so the cost will be enormous. I am trying to keep the cost down as much as I can but within reason. I know too well that the a few pennies saved are not worth compromising the quality.

BTW, I got a Kraus faucet for the clean-up sink in the butler's pantry as I was willing to take my chances. I really doubt that it would be any "worse" that the old inexpensive Delta faucet I had there - which was very satisfactory. I would have kept it but I want a single hole faucet. The old Delta faucets in my main sink worked just fine for 20+ years. I did not like the looks and, again, I want a single hole faucet, but that is the only complaint.

I am not really sure about all the fuss about high-end-faucets. For example, I have two $450 Kohler faucets in the master bath and (considerably) less expensive ones (another Kohler and Delta) in the other two bathrooms. Guess which ones I am not happy with...

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Comments (16)