SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malhgold_gw

What Do You Think of this Frig Placement

malhgold
16 years ago

As you all know, I've been working hard on getting my layout to where I want it to be. I think this may work(in general terms). The layout here is not final, I am asking this question more about frig placement. The range will be somewhere on the outside wall(as shown) but may be further down. Depending on where the clean up sink goes, there will be a prep sink somewhere. Not certain of the 2 islands either.

So....the upper right corner vestibule of the kitchen leads to the Great Room. There will be a 42" door there and about 54" of total aisle space. I am planning a snack counter over there and am considering a SXS counter depth frig in that corner and that would be our main frig. I would then put a 24" frig in the main kitchen area that would either be all frig or frig/freezer built in with panels. This would serve as the food prep frig/freezer, while the other frig would basically hold breakfast, lunch and snack foods. Also to consider it that I am turning my formal DR(to the right of kitchen. Doorway to DR is south of the snack area) into a study and will be putting a 42" doorway from the DR into the Great Room. So if there is any sort of bottleneck in that snack area, someone could always go thru the DR.

My question is, do you think this would work and do you have an issue with having 2 different style frigs in 1 kitchen. I would love to do a built in over in the snack area, but can't justify the cost if I have the space for the CD and it all provides the same utility. Plus, it won't even be in full sight view unless you're standing in that snack area looking at it.

Thanks for looking!!!! Again!!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH