SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline5_gw

HELP! Brizo fixtures are plastic - need suggestions

jacqueline5
10 years ago

Hi

I'm at my wits end with shoddy, expensive fixtures!

We are doing a forced remodel thanks to Newport Brass aka the outrageously expensive, piece of garbage, customer no-service, lousy warrantee, fixture duds - every single fixture except two lav faucets have failed!. (For my long sad story, see previous post entitled Newport Brass = Expensive Garbage...)

This time around I decided to focus on quality, reputation and warranty when selecting the fixtures for our shower. I was told that good old reliable Kohler, Moen, and Delta do not make the valves I need and the closest I can get is Brizo, Delta's high end line. The showroom didn't have Brizo for me to touch and see so I made my selections from their catalog.

The Brizo stuff arrived today. Imagine my horror to pick up the boxes and find them light as air! The rain shower head RP52090PC and the two in one shower head/hand held 86200-PC are almost 100% chrome colored plastic! Even some of the parts to the temp valve and the volume controls that go inside the walls are PLASTIC. They cost a small fortune - I'm shocked!

I need advice and I need it quick! Our shower has three heads. A rain shower coming directly from the ceiling (reusing our old one) a traditional shower head on the wall for the husband and a hand held on a mount for me (I love the idea of the two-in-one but its not a deal breaker). I have to have a temperature valve and three volume controls. I want to be able to run any combination of the shower heads, one at a time a couple at a time or all at once. Everything is set up as far as water supply and drain to handle the volume. I like traditional styling, cross hatch handles preferred (claw foot tub and lav faucets are cross hatch). Who makes a quality product that I can rely upon? I never want to wake up to water flooding down my chandelier through my dining room ceiling again. I'd like bomb-proof fixtures that are also pretty - is that too much to ask?

I hope you don't mind but I'm cross posting to the bathroom forum. I need to return these fixtures and order something else tomorrow!

Comments (3)