SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cats_and_dog

strange cat situation

cats.and.dog
12 years ago

I need some advice about a missing cat situation. My cat went missing recently. We walked the entire neighborhood yelling his name and I have visited the various shelters in the area, all to no avail. We posted to a local lost and found website with a description and photo.

Right after we posted another person posted that she also lost her male cat. He looks exactly like our cat. He has an odd name that to me is not the sort of name you give to a beloved cat. She also did not mention the part of town he was lost in. The angle of her photo is also odd for a pet picture. Believe me, I have seen thousands of cat pictures this past week and you can tell when somebody is trying to get a good pic of a pet. They get down on that level. This pic is looking down on him while he looks up almost nervously at the camera over his shoulder. I feel 99.9 percent sure that this person took our cat and is toying with us. Taunting us. Why I don't know.

I contacted the lost and found website hoping that they could give me some assistance but they feel this is just coincidence. I also called the person listed to get some feeling of what might be going on. I did not confront or accuse her. I mean, it is possible that this person(who is a stranger to me) did indeed loose her cat that just happens to be my cat's twin, and she may be going through the same angst I am right now.

I just don't know what to do right now and have lost all hope of ever seeing my cat again. Is this a common scam? Maybe someone who does not flat out want to ask for a ransom so they do this instead? This is the best explanation I can come up with.

Comments (6)