SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kclv

3 year old Westie pooping in house

kclv
17 years ago

Hello everyone. I adopted a 3 year old Westie 2 months ago. He is the first dog I have ever owned, so I'm still learning.

The previous owner loved the dog, but she was going through a nasty divorce, and the dog was traumatized and depressed. She did tell me that he had started leaving "presents" in the house when all the trouble started.

When I first brought him home, he was sleeping in our room, and I woke up to surprises on the stairs a couple of times. I started putting him in the laundry room (with a night light), and everything was fine. I get up early(6am), and take him out right away, he usually poops first thing, and then again when I take him on his long walk around 9. But Monday and Tuesday, when I went in to get him, there was a pile of poop on the rug in front of the door. Last night I put newspaper on the rug, just in case, but nothing happened.

His previous owner told me that he was raised in a laundry room, and he never gives me any problems going to sleep at night. I never hear any crying or barking, in fact he goes in and lies on his bed during the day quite often.

Other than that he is a great dog. He rarely barks, doesn't jump on the furniture, or chew anything. He loves to be cuddled, and gets lots of attention and exercise.

I did notice that his stool was a little loose these days, so maybe he just couldn't hold it in. No change in food recently. I was under the impression that dogs don't go where they sleep.

Any suggestions?

Comments (7)