SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivkadr

Fleas - not sure what to do

17 years ago

We bought some new couches a month ago, and the day after they arrived, we noticed that we suddenly had fleas. I'm positive that the fleas came in with the couches -- our cats are both indoor cats that we Advantage every month, and we bugspray the perimeter of our house every month as well. I've only seen the fleas on, or in the very near vicinity of the couch, and since the first one I saw was the day after the couches arrived (it jumped on me while I was sitting on the couch and bit me), it seems pretty obvious that they came with the couches!

The cats seem totally unaffected by the fleas -- as I said, we dose them with Advantage. We're trying to avoid using the couches, though that's not totally realistic since they're about the only furniture to sit on within the living room.

My questions:

1) How long are these fleas going to live, if they don't have my cats to feed upon? Are they just going to die off on their own? It's been a month already, and I'm still seeing some.

2) What should I do to get rid of them, if they won't die off on their own? Flea bomb?

Comments (6)