SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Marilyn_Sue....Garage sales?

Jasdip
12 years ago

Sue, you always have such good luck at your garage/yard/estate sales.

This morning we went out and hit a couple. It's still pretty early in the year, so there were only a few. I'm always looking for cookbooks and casserole dishes.

I picked up a tabletop electric roaster, still all packaged up with the styrofoam and plastic for $10 (Hamilton Beach). I figured it would be handy in the hot weather, and now that I'm helping more with the family dinners, now that Mom is gone.

Also got a revolving glass and chrome spice rack for $1.

All complete, 16 spice bottles, all with spices in them.

And finally a Coach leather purse.....probably a knock-off for $5.

Comment (1)

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    12 years ago

Good for you Sherry. No, have not been to any yet this season but we are looking forward to it. Is yours the big electric roaster? I have a couple of them, one is a Nesco can't remember the other one and I have inserts for them to keep things warm while serving 3 different things. Have used them in the past for big outside family get togethers. Of course have used them for turkeys and whatever you want to bake. I don't really care for them for pies though, too much dampness I guess.

I am working today on our meal here after we get home from church tomorrow. I plan on fixing ham, Great Northern soup beans with flat dumplings, cornbread, coleslaw, and probably some apple dumplings since I have the stuff to make them. Will fix some other things too if I feel up to it and have the time. My back is feeling some better so maybe I can get some more done. It is raining a little here today, but so far not a lot. It is 54 out right now. Izzi and I will go out on the big rig in awhile and get the mail and cruise out back and look at our garden. Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Sue in Central Indiana