SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danceme

Cream cabinet color that goes with a cool wall color

danceme
10 years ago

I am going to lose my mind choosing a cream cabinet color to go on the custom cabinets for my basement. I also had surgery last week, and running around town picking up more paint chips is not possible. The pain meds aren't helping either. I've read and read and read, and I haven't found anything that specifically addresses pairing a cream with a cool color palette.

We have a full walk out daylight basement. It is north facing with tons and tons of windows (in fact we paid to add 2 windows and a door with a full glass window). The walls are going to be restoration hardware silver sage, but there isn't a ton of wall space to be painted that color bc of the windows, wainscoting and cabinetry. My trim is Apple Peel from SW. I want there to be a definite distinction between my trim and cabinet colors, so I don't want it to be too white. Because I'm using some cool colors I don't want it to be too yellow. My cabinet maker said his most used cream color is Antique White from SW, but when I put the paint chips together, the Antique White looks green to me. I do like Navajo White from SW. My nearest RH is an hour away, and I can't drive for at least another week, but I would love to get my hands on their chip of Mediterranean White to see how they get along.

Also, the decor we are going for is a combination of Craftsman and French Cottage. Part of our basement looks very similar to this except the fireplace is stone and on the wall opposite the windows. We have the arch and the wainscoting: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/56787645273722149/

This is our floor and shows the shaker style of the cabinets we are putting in: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/56787645275593464/

I am the first to admit that I struggle to see tones on small paint chips. My bedroom is living proof. It was supposed to be peacock blue, and it is definitely teal. In full daylight it is green, and that is not what I wanted.

Is there a magic paint fairy out there who can tell me what to do? This is so hard. The neutrals are the hardest.

Comments (5)