SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debraw1968

Paint Colours for Small Retail Store??

Debra W
11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I have a small retail store that we are about to move into a larger space. I need to paint before we move in, and am looking for colour suggestions. The new space has good lighting and is an open rectangular area, with fairly high ceilings. We sell computers as well as computer related products and accessories.

As far as fixed elements, we have a large desk that is a darker chestnut brown and the flooring is a darker mahogany/cherry (?) wood look vinyl. Our shelving can be painted and I plan on getting a couple of open bookshelves to use as storage that I want to paint to co-ordinate with the rest of the space.

Our current wall colour is something similar to Lenox Tan, perhaps slightly darker. I've forgotten the name of what I used, but it wasn't a BM colour.

I am not sure if I should go with a neutral colour or something more fun. I've considered blue and like BM Schooner, AF 520, but not sure if that would be too much blue. A lot of the products that are on our shelves have blue packaging...think "Microsoft" blue or the blue from "Brother" packaging.

I have also posted this question in the Paint section and got some input from AnnieDeighnaugh...thank you!!

I would appreciate any ideas and/or colour combinations that you think would look good in this type of retail space.

Comments (28)