SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dinajo_gw

Calling ccoombs... need hood info, light rail problems, anyone?

dinajo
15 years ago

UGH! Having some issues with our install and need some help. For various reasons the 18" high SS hood won't fit and I need one that is shorter (more like 11 or 12" high). The width is 30". I saw your hood, ccoombs, but can't find any posts about what brand it is... it looks like it could work and it looks great. Can you help? Anyone?

Also, since we had problems with the way the crown moulding came in, we have to wait on that... The installer put in the light rail (really a 3/4" moulding that is attachd to the underside of the cabinet. He made it flush with the door panel (raised panel) and it looks nice except that where it returns around the range area it protrudes into the backsplash area. What I'm trying to say is that I planned to do a decorative type tile design behind the range in a square but this moulding butts into that area 1 1/4" on each side and breaks up the splash. The tiler will have to tile around it somehow and I don't think the square design will work. Can this be fixed?

My last concern is the measurement from the base cabinet to the undercabinet moulding that I just described (no countertops yet). Shoudn't that measurement be consistent? It measures anywhere from 17 1/4 to 18 1/4"... Even the two cabinets next to each other vary by 1/4" from the moulding to the base. The installer isn't here today (waiting on crown moulding), so I'm just freaking out a bit... Sorry I don't have pictures.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments (4)