SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babs711_gw

Too much blue/green/gray in the house??

babs711
12 years ago

They did the first coat of paint on our build just to get some up before the trim people start. Things can be changed if we want...well, since it's our build, anything can be done for a price! LOL! All paint is Benjamin Moore.

When you walk in, the entry which is a decent length...long enough to have two lanterns in a row before you get into the main part of the house. is Gray Mist (which is supposedly the dupe for RH Silver Sage...it's blue/green/gray and changes with the light). We carried the Gray Mist up the (turned) stairs and into the upstairs hall that leads to the two kids' rooms and in their playroom.

The guest room is to the right of the entry. It's painted Castle Walls which is two shades down from Gray Mist.

As you enter through the entry into the main part of the house, all of the main part is Revere Pewter...by main part, I mean, the open plan kitchen, dining/breakfast, living, wet bar and my DH's man cave which is closed off but in the back of these areas yet you can see in it some of the time as it's off the wet bar and the door to it will be open a lot of the time when we have parties, etc.

Right after you cross from the entry cased opening into the Revere Pewter areas, there's a vestibule on the left that has a pocket door. The vestibule is also RP. The pantry is on the right. I'm doing it Gray Wisp. That door will be closed most of the time. A coat closet is in front of you as you walk into the vestibule. Our room off the same area is Quiet Moments as is our bath.

The other vestibule that's right off the main Revere Pewter areas yet on the other side of the breakfast area (same side as the first vestibule) is also RP. To the left is the powder room which is Knoxville Gray (a deep deep charcoal green blue undertones. We're doing the ceiling in a metallic silver. If you face straight and back through a door, the office and laundry are back there and will be Wythe Blue with Palladian on the ceiling. These are less subdued than the others in the home. When you're in the living or dining/breakfast room, you will see the Wythe Blue if that office door is opened.

I'm not including the kids' areas that are upstairs. since they did what they wanted in their rooms. My exercise room is also upstairs and it's Hawthorne Yellow.

It all flows really well. I'm just wondering if it's too much of a good thing? DH made a comment that there was a lot of blue. I think walking in and looking up the high rise of the ceiling of the stairs then going up and down the hall of the kids and into their playroom seemed like a lot. Plus, it looked pretty blue today when we walked through at dusk. Of course, we have no lights, no floors, no furniture and one coat of paint on the walls and no trim, no stairs, doors or anything. So maybe it's just hard to tell.

We're having white trim and I'm planning to have wainscoting on the stairs. As I've posted here, I'm toying with painting the doors BM Dolphin instead of white.

Narrow house plan because we're in New Orleans where lots are narrow. That's why we're going UP! Also, ignore that kitchen plan. It's not like that...that was just to show the placement of the room.

Downstairs:

Second Floor:

Comments (4)