SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Color Scheme and Fabrics for basement Renovation

User
10 years ago

I have the preliminary color scheme for the basement, the fabric samples, lamp choices, drawings for the fireplace wall, etc. My favorite colors are red and green, and those are represented but are accessory colors, with the main color a beautiful pumpkin spice. We still need to choose a wall color and are thinking a stone color / light taupe. This scheme represents a shift from the lighter and clearer colors I usually gravitate towards. It will be cozy and very autumnal feeling.

Almost all the fabrics are from Duralee. I told ID I didn't want to go crazy with fabrics---it is a basement, after all---so the selections are between $45 and $65, which puts them right in the range, and all have a high cotton content, another requirement. The two trims are from Samuel and Sons, a red leather piping for pillows and a great tape that has little blocks of velvet in ever lighter colors. They are both around $30 per yard. I am already thinking how wonderful the tape would look around the bottom edge of the sofas...

Sofa color in spice, decorative tape trim, and throw pillow fabric. Trim is for the pillows but I am thinking about it for the bottom edge of sofas:

Here is another possibility for the sofa and pillows, or for the swivel chairs. The velvet is a medium weight 100% cotton:

The stripe will be on the bolster pillows on the daybeds with the honey colored mattress shown, and the paisley piped with red leather MAY be the throw pillows. I like the pattern but am thinking a lighter paisley colorway would be....lighter :-)

May go with green pillows on the daybeds:

Closeup of the trim:

Green pillow fabric with paisley:

This post was edited by kswl on Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 22:45

Comments (22)